gameworn.net

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» gameworn.net   » Locker Room   » General Game Worn Jersey Discussion   » Mikael Granlund size

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mikael Granlund size
Aaron B.
Rookie
Member # 44498

posted October 03, 2010 08:48 PM      Profile for Aaron B.   Email Aaron B.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I ordered Granlund's European Trohphy red HIFK jersey, which was a game issued, and its a size M. It doesn't even fit me as a shirt it seems! Did they trick me, or does he just have really small jerseys? I know a few forum members have Granlund jerseys from last year, so I figured I'd ask. If so I have a bone to pick with KSB sports.

--------------------
Always on the look for gameworn Rangers and obscure international jerseys!

Posts: 249 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tondo
Veteran
Member # 16042

posted October 03, 2010 09:25 PM      Profile for Tondo   Author's Homepage   Email Tondo        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don´t have size tag on my Granlund jersey at all, but i compare Granlund jersey to Sami Kapanen Canes jersey, whot is 52 size and Granlund´s jersey is smoler then Kapanen

--------------------
My new websitehttp://tondogameworn.weebly.com/

Posts: 583 | From: Finland, Imatra | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wildest Fan
Veteran
Member # 2060

posted October 04, 2010 06:11 PM      Profile for Wildest Fan   Author's Homepage   Email Wildest Fan        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a Granny HIFK gamer from last year . . .fits like a 52.

Dave [Cool]

--------------------
"All roads leading to the Excel Energy Center, go through Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub ! !"

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/MN-Hockey-Collectors-Expo-at-Tom-Reids-Hockey-City-Pub/195797020460097?fref=ts

Posts: 1819 | From: St. Paul, Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aaron B.
Rookie
Member # 44498

posted October 04, 2010 11:17 PM      Profile for Aaron B.   Email Aaron B.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huh this fits like a size 44 ccm ultrafil (I have a retail authentic in that size because I wasn't finding another one very soon unfortunately). Its that small. I'm 6'1" and think I'm a big guy and this fit like a T-Shirt! I wear a size 52 normally, so I'm afraid they manufactured this "game-issued" Anyone else have any of the HIFK European Trophy jerseys so I can compare it with? I ordered this directly from KSB sports.

--------------------

Dana77
Veteran
Member # 3219

posted October 05, 2010 07:41 AM      Profile for Dana77   Author's Homepage   Email Dana77        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All I know is that some years ago they wore turn back the clock jerseys. When they arrived from the manufacturer they were too small. They couldn't wear them for a first game they were supposed to do. For a next game they sew extra piece of fabric to sides to make them fit.

Regards,
-Mikko T.

--------------------
Desperately looking for any Sami Kapanen Hartford Whalers, Pekka "Rocky" Rautakallio, Jarmo Kekalainen and Janne Ojanen jerseys!!

My homepages can be found at http://www.iwn.fi/~dana/gameworn.html

NHL wantlist: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=017197#000000
IHL/AHL wantlist: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=016197#000000
WHA wantlist: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=017125

Posts: 827 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aaron B.
Rookie
Member # 44498

posted October 07, 2010 02:33 AM      Profile for Aaron B.   Email Aaron B.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dana77:
All I know is that some years ago they wore turn back the clock jerseys. When they arrived from the manufacturer they were too small. They couldn't wear them for a first game they were supposed to do. For a next game they sew extra piece of fabric to sides to make them fit.

Regards,
-Mikko T.

Yeah well this jersey is clearly too small to be worn by a hockey player. I matched it up with some retail 48s I have and it was clearly a few sizes smaller. What should I do? They told me this was game issued, and its clearly not. Should I try and email them and ask them what happened?

--------------------

Dana77
Veteran
Member # 3219

posted October 07, 2010 03:30 AM      Profile for Dana77   Author's Homepage   Email Dana77        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They should accept returns, but I am not sure what is their policy regarding cost of shipping.

Regards,
-Mikko T.

--------------------
Desperately looking for any Sami Kapanen Hartford Whalers, Pekka "Rocky" Rautakallio, Jarmo Kekalainen and Janne Ojanen jerseys!!

My homepages can be found at http://www.iwn.fi/~dana/gameworn.html

NHL wantlist: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=017197#000000
IHL/AHL wantlist: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=016197#000000
WHA wantlist: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=017125

Posts: 827 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
janne
Rookie
Member # 2949

posted October 07, 2010 04:02 AM      Profile for janne   Author's Homepage   Email janne        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron B.:
Yeah well this jersey is clearly too small to be worn by a hockey player. I matched it up with some retail 48s I have and it was clearly a few sizes smaller.

Is it 48 Finnish sizing or 48 US sizing? The difference is that US 48 is the round measure in inches and Finnish 48 is width in centimeters. Then again, Finnish 48 would equal 38 or 39 in US sizing. Sure sounds small.

--------------------
WANTED: Jalo, Helminen, Lumme, Siltanen and other Finns - will pay $$$.

Posts: 350 | From: Finland | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aaron B.
Rookie
Member # 44498

posted October 07, 2010 11:10 PM      Profile for Aaron B.   Email Aaron B.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by janne:
quote:
Yeah well this jersey is clearly too small to be worn by a hockey player. I matched it up with some retail 48s I have and it was clearly a few sizes smaller.

Is it 48 Finnish sizing or 48 US sizing? The difference is that US 48 is the round measure in inches and Finnish 48 is width in centimeters. Then again, Finnish 48 would equal 38 or 39 in US sizing. Sure sounds small.
I just used a retail authentic I had. The tag says "M" on it and fits like a t-shirt on me. I have an HIFK game worn already and they don't have size tags on it, so I'm thinking that they just made up a retail jersey to look like the European trophy jerseys and just told me it was a game issued. If anyone wants a very small autographed (they included that because it wasn't worn on the ice) Mikael Granlund retail jersey ask me (I know its not in the right forum I was just throwing it out there) I'll sell it at a loss otherwise I think I'm going to talk to KSB about what the deal with this was.

--------------------

mikali
Veteran
Member # 1314

posted October 07, 2010 11:50 PM      Profile for mikali   Email mikali        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
So I ordered Granlund's European Trohphy red HIFK jersey, which was a game issued, and its a size M. It doesn't even fit me as a shirt it seems! Did they trick me, or does he just have really small jerseys? I know a few forum members have Granlund jerseys from last year, so I figured I'd ask. If so I have a bone to pick with KSB sports.

I HAVE MIKKE'S HIFK ROOKIE AND LOOKS XL..
JERSEY 17

Posts: 471 | From: HELSINKI FINLAND | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
janne
Rookie
Member # 2949

posted October 08, 2010 04:43 AM      Profile for janne   Author's Homepage   Email janne        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The sizing sure seems to correlate with regular t-shirt sizing and for a gamer M is very small.

One thing is good to understand - Granlund was injured when these jerseys were launched and already at that point it was pretty clear he would not play in Nordic Trophy at all. Therefore it's impossible to say whether the jersey was ever a game issued for real or did KSB just make all extras as Granlund jerseys.

It's also good to remember that KSB are offering a service where they change name and number on any game worn HIFK jersey they have in stock. Y'know, you can get a gamer with you favorite players name and number on it even though it was worn by someone else. Now how cool is that?

--------------------
WANTED: Jalo, Helminen, Lumme, Siltanen and other Finns - will pay $$$.

Posts: 350 | From: Finland | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
mikali
Veteran
Member # 1314

posted October 08, 2010 05:48 AM      Profile for mikali   Email mikali        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

SORRY,THIS IS CORRECT..
JERSEY 17

Posts: 471 | From: HELSINKI FINLAND | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | gameworn.net

Copyright 1997-2012 gameworn.net, Inc.