gameworn.net

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» gameworn.net   » Locker Room   » General Game Worn Jersey Discussion   » Sens Stanley Cup Finals Game-Worn Jerseys, Game 3 Report

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sens Stanley Cup Finals Game-Worn Jerseys, Game 3 Report
Barry Meisel
Veteran
Member # 5

posted June 03, 2007 12:16 AM      Profile for Barry Meisel   Email Barry Meisel        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,

Well, that's a first!!

We now have MGG No. D07949, a warmup-worn Red Finals Set 1 No. 44 Patrick Eaves, also worn by Jason Spezza during the Senators' 5-3 victory over the Anaheim Ducks at Scotiabank Place in Ottawa.

Spezza's jersey, MGG No. D07905, was significantly ripped during a second-period incident with Anaheim's Samuel Pahlsson. Spezza took his jersey off when it was ripped from the neck to the crest, and since Spezza had to go to the penalty box, he went briefly off the ice while Mike Comrie served his penalty.

While Spezza's jersey was being repaired, he emerged with Eaves' No. 44 (Eaves took the warmup and then did not play, and his jersey was immediately available) and served the rest of his penalty. When Spezza emerged from the box, he went to the bench and put back on his quickly repaired No. 19.

Spezza's jersey has a huge repair that looks like a block letter L, from the neck to the crest, and several inches to the right.

As for the rest of the Senators' Red Finals Set 1, I authenticated the jerseys immediately after Game 3 in the laundry room section of the Sens' dressing room. I got to examine several (but not all) of the jerseys after the game:

Fisher-Stick mark, burn
Kelly-Stick mark on back number
Neil-Burns, blue paint on arm
Phillips-Several large holes on elbow
Schaefer-Small drop of blood on back number

As for the Eaves/Spezza No. 44 jersey, it was pre-ordered. If Eaves does not play in Game 4, then the collector will have the option of keeping the jersey or getting a refund, since Eaves did not play in the jersey.

But since Spezza also wore it, I suspect the collector will opt to keep it at the agreed upon price, which I believe was $1,250. If the collector does not wish to keep it, it will be made available to the hobby as an Eaves GI/Spezza GW, with the price still to be determined.

If Eaves plays in Game 4, then the jersey is non-refundable to the collector who ordered it.

We see something new every day in this great hobby of ours. And we're proud to remind everybody that because of our detailed authentication procedures, we know exactly what happened.

With the series 2-1 Anaheim, the Sens will again wear Red Finals Set 1 Monday in Game 4.

Regards,

Barry

--------------------
bmeisel@meigray.com
http://www.nhlgameworn.com
http://www.meigray.com

Posts: 4448 | From: Branchburg, NJ 08876 | Registered: Original Member  |  IP: Logged
BELCH
Veteran
Member # 1131

posted June 03, 2007 01:01 AM      Profile for BELCH   Email BELCH        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool .I still hate the SENS!

--------------------
Always looking for HARKINS jerseys

Posts: 3722 | From: LON,ONT, CAN | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
hockeyman99
Veteran
Member # 589

posted June 03, 2007 12:02 PM      Profile for hockeyman99   Author's Homepage   Email hockeyman99        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's my Phillips jersey with all those elbow holes! Yeah......

I'm in Newfoundland right now on a family vacation (from Alberta)......but I actually turned down seats in Chris Phillips' luxury sky box for these 2 home games (because of the vacation plans). All night long while watching the game here, I was texting my other buddies who actually made the Ottawa trip to watch the game.....Oh well, the beer was still cold where I am! haha

--------------------
Shawn A. Chaulk
hockeyman99@shaw.ca
- Don't sleep through your dreams -
- I had to wear # 66 because some guy named Wayne took # 99 -

*** Buying any and all Oilers game used Gretzky memorabilia and sticks ***

*** WWW.HOCKEYMAN99.COM ***

Posts: 1742 | From: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Michigan Tech Gamers
Veteran
Member # 159

posted June 08, 2007 05:58 PM      Profile for Michigan Tech Gamers   Author's Homepage   Email Michigan Tech Gamers        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see how history distorts this story over time. The article below from www.theglobeandmail.com states that the equipment staff stapled a "Spezza" nameplate over the "Eaves" nameplate before Spezza took to the ice with the #44 jersey.

Globe and Mail Story

What are the official rules regarding a change of number during a game?

The only past event I can remember on this scale of odd was the night Theo Fleury got a jersey from a fan in the stands (I believe due to blood on his jersey?) but ultimately gave it back right after he put it on when he noticed that the fan's jersey was full of autographs.

Just when you think you've seen it all...

Ryan J

--------------------
Johnson's Jerseys is now on Facebook - Click here for updates!

Preserving the History of Michigan Tech Hockey
www.JohnsonsJerseys.net

Posts: 1791 | From: Denver, CO USA | Registered: Original Member  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | gameworn.net

Copyright 1997-2012 gameworn.net, Inc.