gameworn.net

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» gameworn.net   » Locker Room   » General Game Worn Jersey Discussion   » Dureen Jerseys

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dureen Jerseys
murzman
Rookie
Member # 2208

posted September 23, 2001 06:04 PM      Profile for murzman   Email murzman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am new to jersey collecting and I would like to know what exactly "dureen" means when refering to a jersey. I know that most dureen jerseys are from the 70s or a little earlier and that jerseys in that time were made of cotton blends but I would like to know exactly what "dureen" means (ie, material composition %s...???). Thank you for any help that any of you can give me... I think this site will get me into jersey collecting as the people here seem so friendly and willing to help!
Posts: 9 | From: Saskatoon, SK Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
docellis
Veteran
Member # 336

posted September 23, 2001 07:23 PM      Profile for docellis   Author's Homepage   Email docellis        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah my favorite jerseys, the Durene's.. I think they are made of a 70% Nylon and 30% cotton. On the early 80's Blues Sandow SK durenes they had the exact combination on the tagging in the collar.

Rich

Posts: 1999 | From: New Hope, MN USA | Registered: Original Member  |  IP: Logged
murzman
Rookie
Member # 2208

posted September 23, 2001 07:40 PM      Profile for murzman   Email murzman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are all durene's made of that composition then (70% nylon, 30% cotton)? I am interested especially in early 70s and late 60s...
Posts: 9 | From: Saskatoon, SK Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
docellis
Veteran
Member # 336

posted September 23, 2001 07:55 PM      Profile for docellis   Author's Homepage   Email docellis        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would say its pretty damm close, Wilson's did seem to feel a little heavier in weight and stiffer than Rawlings.

Hope this helps

RE

Posts: 1999 | From: New Hope, MN USA | Registered: Original Member  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | gameworn.net

Copyright 1997-2012 gameworn.net, Inc.